View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 FAQ 
Site Admin

Post FAQ
I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions and I want to have them answered immediately!

Q: Who's in charge here?
A: Hey, my name is Douglas Quaid and I'm the man behind the mod :)

Q: How long have you been working on the mod?
A: Work on Total Recall began back in early 2008 and was originally planned as a comedy sound replacement mod for Doom 3's singleplayer campaign. But as the movie Total Recall and Doom 3 share similar story elements and setting, a futuristic Schwarzenegger spy mod seemed like an excellent idea. This opened up the idea for the two game modes and the "Total" I hope, will refer to this.

Q: So what's Recall 2087 all about anyway?
A: The storyline will be loosely based on the movie Total Recall and the short story by Philip K. Dick entitled We Can Remember It For You Wholesale. Using the movie as a foundation, Recall 2087 has grown into quite a complex storyline which highlights a number of interesting subjects including global warming and the end of days.

Q: That's good to hear but is Recall 2087 a total conversion or what?
A: No. But I would like to think of the mod as a semi total conversion as there will be many differences such as new levels, audio, weapons and monsters.

Q: What can I expect from the mod's gameplay, is it just going to be another run and gun first person shooter?
A: No, not exactly. As stated in the features section, Recall 2087 will also have elements of a spy game where the player must use his smarts to progress into later stages. Another cool feature is the element of trust. In Recall 2087 some NPCs are liars so this means that you will have to use your own judgements as a player when you listen to their advice or you could end up fighting your way out of a GET TO THE CHOPPA! situation.

Q: Will I be able to play the mod?
A: To play the mod you will have to own the original Doom 3 game with the latest 1.3.1 patch installed. As for the specifications, Recall 2087 is being built using an NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX graphics card.

Q: Why not build the mod using a more popular engine such as HL2, UT3 or Crysis?
A: When Doom 3 was released in 2004 it changed the way gamers experienced FPS games using its ground breaking idTech 4 engine. Since it's release, this engine has been used on multiple hit games such as Quake 4, Prey, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Wolfenstein and the upcoming Brink game. This just shows how powerful the capabilites are for this engine and as a fan of Doom 3, I would like to show that idTech 4 is still alive in the modding community .

Q: So when will the mod be complete?
A: 2087. Ah no, I plan to release the mod some time around Christmas 2010 or early next year... This will probobly mean mid 2011 though!

Q: Will there be any multiplayer support?
A: I have thought about the idea of a two player coop mode where you and your team mate take on the Recall 2087 campaign together as Quaid and Hauser. But we will see.

Q: Okay okay, I have to know this. Will Arnold Schwarzenegger be making an appearance in the mod?
A: No. Due to copyright issues Recall 2087 will not be using any of the original Schwarzenegger movie quotes ;) but they will be replaced with the talent of voice actor Jason Schultz, an excellent Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator.

Q: Is the chick with three tits in this mod?
A: ReKall Incorporated currently doesn't have a modeller. Hint hint!

Q: Can I join ReKall Incorporated?
A: If you think you have what it takes to help out on the mod you can go to the jobs section of the forum or by clicking here.

Q: Just one more question. Who is your daddy and what does he do?
A: STOP IT!

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:28 am

Post Re: FAQ
The Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator you have, has he been doing the voice for the different videos you've posted?

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:14 am
Site Admin

No but I can assure you that you will barely notice the difference when the mod is released ;)

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:52 am

Ahk, I was gonna say that he sounded exactly like him. Would be able to post a preview of an impersonation?

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]